Siltech Corporation, a Canadian owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately an applications Chemist for our Mississauga facility. This is a permanent, full-time, day shift, position.
Reporting to the Lead Applications Chemist, (Mississauga), the candidate will be responsible for carrying out the development and testing of new and existing products in various industrial applications as per the Lead Chemists’ direction, the writing of lab reports and providing technical assistance to the plant when necessary. The core of the R&D will be focused on testing our products in various industrial applications including inks and coatings, 2K VIN/SiH liquid silicone rubbers, defoaming, car care formulations and other applications as requested by the lead chemist and also input from sales and marketing. The position may require travel with sales (post Covid).
- Minimum Bachelor of Chemistry. Experience with silicones for use in industrial applications is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in a chemical environment, ideally in a manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Knowledge of QC procedures and analytical instrumentation including NMR, FTIR, GC etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and written report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent housekeeping skills.
Please apply at HR@Siltech.com with job title as subject reference.
Please refer to Siltech Careers page for more opportunities