Siltech Corporation, a Canadian-owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately a full-time, permanent Lead Maintenance Mechanic for our Toronto facility.
This opportunity offers a full Benefits and Pension package.
The Lead Maintenance Mechanic will take a leadership role in coordinating and facilitating the maintenance of the plant equipment and building.
- Schedule and lead daily/weekly/monthly/annual maintenance activities at the Toronto Site including breakdown repair and preventative maintenance.
- Ensure maintenance has all the proper spare parts identified by Engineering.
- Ensure equipment is available and safe for production when required.
- Along with the daily maintenance activities performed (wrench time), works with production and engineering in root cause failure analysis and root cause elimination.
- Schedules contractor services (i.e. boilers, air compressor pm HVAC, etc.) and monitors contractor activities.
- Evaluates contractor services on an ongoing basis.
- Ensures maintenance activities are properly logged in the plant CMMS (ITIS)
- Recommends changes to the PM program to Engineering.
- Manages work order backlog.
- Practical knowledge of plant equipment
- Understanding of skills expected from various trades
- Safe maintenance practices in a chemical environment.
Essential Work Experience:
- 5 years of plant maintenance experience in one of the trade disciplines
- Preferable mechanical background (i.e. millwright).
Please apply at HR@Siltech.com with the job title as subject reference.
Please refer to Siltech Careers page for more opportunities