Siltech Corporation, a Canadian-owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately a full time, permanent Millwright for our Mississauga facility.
This opportunity offers a full Benefits and Pension package.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this individual will maintain the facility equipment and structures in a safe operational condition, minimizing downtime while maximizing equipment life. This position completes all routine preventative maintenance and equipment repair on site and builds and installs small projects.
- Completing Work Orders in order of priority.
- Maintaining equipment so it is available for production when required.
- Working with contractors on required PM and project activities.
- Implementing site’s PM program according to schedule.
- Building and installing required upgrades as defined by engineering.
- Recommending changes/upgrades to management for implementation.
- Working as an integral part of annual maintenance shutdown activities.
- Excellent mechanical / equipment repair skills.
- Rebuilding pumps centrifugal, PD pumps
- Experience with homogenizers/colloid mills a plus
- Mechanical seals
- Aligning equipment
- Knowledge of welding pipe, and pipefitting, mechanical repair procedures.
- Knowledge of Canadian Government legal requirements, for example: repair / maintenance of pressure piping / vessels (T.S.S.A.)
- Safe maintenance practices in a chemical environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Essential Work Experience (Number of years in related work experience):
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a plant team-based maintenance environment
- Preventative maintenance background
- Good mechanical root cause failure analysis skills
Please apply at HR@Siltech.com with the job title as subject reference.
Please refer to Siltech Careers page for more opportunities.