Job Posting: Millwright – Toronto
“Siltech has an Accommodation Policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the interview/assessment process is available upon request.”
Siltech Corporation, a Canadian owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately a full time, permanent Millwright for our Toronto facility.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this individual will maintain the facility equipment and structures in a safe operational condition, minimizing downtime while maximizing equipment life. This position completes all routine preventative maintenance and equipment repair on site and builds and installs small projects.
- Completing Work Orders in order of priority.
- Maintaining equipment so it is available for production when required.
- Working with contractors on required PM and project activities.
- Implements site’s PM program according to schedule.
- Builds and installs required upgrades as defined by engineering.
- Recommends changes/upgrades to management for implementation.
- An integral part of annual maintenance shutdown activities.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Excellent mechanical / equipment repair skills.
- Rebuilding pumps centrifugal, PD pumps
- Experience with homogenizers/colloid mills a plus
- Mechanical seals
- Aligning equipment
- Knowledge of welding pipe, and pipefitting, mechanical repair procedures.
- Knowledge of Canadian Government legal requirements, for example: repair / maintenance of pressure piping / vessels (T.S.S.A.)
- Safe maintenance practices in a chemical environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Essential Work Experience (Number of years in related work experience):
- 3-5 years experience working in a plant team-based maintenance environment
- Preventative Maintenance background
- Good mechanical root cause failure analysis skills
This opportunity offers a full Benefits and Pension package.