Job Posting: Personal Care Application Jr. Chemist – Toronto
“Siltech has an Accommodation Policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the interview/assessment process is available upon request.”
Siltech Corporation, a Canadian owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately a full time, permanent Personal Care Application Chemist for our Toronto facility.
We are seeking a Personal Care Application Jr. Chemist with expertise in formulations to join our growing R&D team. Reporting to the Sr. Chemist, this position contributes to Siltech’s cosmetics business growth by formulation development. This position also provides product technical support to Sales Managers and customers to ensure formulations meet and exceed client expectations, while adhering to FDA, ISO, GMP, EWG guidelines and global regulations. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an established cosmetics raw material lab and assist in business expansion.
The Jr. Chemist also evaluates new technologies and supports R&D, production and quality in determining the effectiveness of new products/processes in cosmetics applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Helps develop world class and stable personal care formulations containing Siltech specialty silicones.
- Helps design new technical data sheets, presentations, and brochures for new personal care formulations.
- Prepares samples in accordance with Sales Managers and customers’ requests and specifications.
- Repeats and creates stability protocols and oversees the stability process and testing, including all documentation.
- Researches and understands market trends in the industry to stay ahead of the curve in developing products to meet market demand.
- Assists in the proper maintenance of the laboratory and equipment as well as all formulation records.
- Studies effects of various methods of processing, preserving, or packaging on composition or properties as it relates to the development of formulas.
- Analyzes all changes to existing formulas to determine proper testing, stability effects, etc.
- Assists in the improvement of current formulations of products when needed.
- Receives documents, and organizes incoming raw materials and samples.
- Conducts research on product formulations, properties of raw materials and field evaluations.
- Orders laboratory supplies, such as chemicals, when supplies are low or near their expiration date.
- Any other duties as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-3 years of experience in the development and manufacturing of personal care products. (skin care, hair care, color cosmetics, etc.)
- Must have Bachelor degree or Masters degree in chemistry or a related science.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate in Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook. Computer graphic design is a strong plus.
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work well with other employees.
- Operating laboratory equipment and instruments, such as mixers, viscometers, pH meters, and homogenizers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
This opportunity offers a full Benefits and Pension package.