Job Posting: Plant Admin Assistant – Mississauga
“Siltech has an Accommodation Policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the interview/assessment process is available upon request.”
Siltech Corporation, a Canadian owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately a full time, permanent Plant Administrative Assistant for our Mississauga facility.
Reporting to the Office Manager, this position performs administrative activities mainly for the Mississauga plant.
- Maintains key governmental documentation and reminder schedules for the plant:
- Waste Manifests
- Inspector Visits and Follow-up Records MOE, MOL, City Bylaw, Fire Department etc.
- Health Canada Reporting Documentation
- Site Fire Safety Plan Box with necessary documentation, etc.
- Provides administrative duties for site including:
- Back up Customer Service
- Reception, office supplies, batch sheet files
- Follow-up tracking supporting the Plant
- Secretary for JHSC
- Coordinates training from outside. TDG, GHS, Forklift, JHSC representative etc.
- Maintains employee training records
- Provide administrative support to Plant including projects
Knowledge and Skills required
- 3-5 years Administrative Assistant experience, preferably in a manufacturing plant.
- Excellent interpersonal, computer, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations as related to transportation of goods, health and safety
- Ability to prioritize workloads and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
This opportunity offers a full Benefits and Pension package.