Siltech Corporation, a Canadian-owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately a full-time, permanent Plant Engineer for our Mississauga and Toronto plants.
This is a salaried position with a full Benefits and Pension package.
Reporting to the Corporate Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will coordinate plant maintenance activities including creating preventative maintenance schedules, breakdown analysis and identification of critical part inventories. This position will also coordinate project installation including the preparation of mechanical drawings, piping layouts, bill of materials and installation.
- Support maintenance team to analyse equipment operation / failures / replacements.
- Troubleshooting of system when failures have been identified.
- Maintain and develop plant drawings, standards and procedures.
- Identify critical equipment/components and maintain critical component inventories/ supply relationships.
- Project manager for projects with minimal support
- P&ID validations.
- Preliminary process design support work.
- Contractor and permit auditing.
- Capital project support including contractor supervision.
- Equipment installation and startup.
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act & Regulations.
- An integral part of annual maintenance shutdown activities.
- Chemical Plant Experience is required
- Experience with process and utility piping installations
- Detailed knowledge of rotating equipment (Agitators, Pumps, Compressors) and subcomponents; Bearings, mechanical seals, shafts, etc…
- Layout experience for pipe routing from P&ID
- Microsoft Office – Intermediate Level
- Thorough understanding of trades activities and capabilities
- Chemical Engineer designation
Essential Work Experience (Number of years in related work experience):
- 5-10 years’ experience working in a plant team-based environment
Please apply at HR@Siltech.com with the job title as subject reference.
Please refer to Siltech Careers page for more opportunities.