Job Posting: Process Engineer
“Siltech has an Accommodation Policy and will provide accommodation to job applicants with disabilities during the hiring process. Accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the interview/assessment process is available upon request.”
Siltech Corporation, a Canadian owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately a full time, permanent Process Engineer.
This opportunity offers a full Benefits and Pension package. This position is based out of the Toronto location (80%) but will also support the Mississauga Plant.
This position supports the Corporate Plant/Process Engineer as follows:
- Coordinates/schedules project work required during Plant shutdowns
- Prepares, schedules and monitors completion of Plant upgrade projects
- P&ID’s initiation, preparation and verification
- TSSA Compliance
- Maintains data and specifications of Plant equipment and facilities
- Environmental reporting
- Product scale-up or transfer between Plants including process safety evaluations
- Assists in Operator and employee safety training
- Monitors and reports on Plant performance (Productivity, Cycle times, Yields, Raw Material forecasting, etc.)
Qualifications that would be an asset:
- Experience with AutoCAD and drafting
- Project Management and ability to lead teams during implementation
- Diverse experience with process control, electrical, and mechanical equipment
- Ability to support process safety programs
- Experience tracking and improving production processes
- Experience with design and commissioning of plant equipment
The successful candidate will possess, or is working towards, a Chemical Engineering degree and Professional Engineering Certification (P.Eng) and will have 1-5 years of engineering experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.