Siltech Corporation, a Canadian-owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately a QC Technician for our Toronto facility. This is a full-time, day shift, position.
Reporting to the QC Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring that the quality of final products and raw materials conform to required specifications
- Performs QC testing of final, intermediate and raw materials in a timely manner to ensure quality requirements. (utilizing wet chemistry and instrumentation)
- Enters all final results into Chempax system (database).
- Maintains required work records using Good Documentation Practices.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment (includes washing glassware).
- College Diploma in Chemistry or related field.
- Basic knowledge of analytical instrumentation. (GC, GPC, FT-IR, KF Water, Brookfield Viscometers, pH meters)
- Proficient in wet chemistry analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of quality control and instrumentation procedures.
- Computer Literate. (Experienced with MS Excel and Word)
- Ability to multi-task and perform duties in a timely manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong written, reading, and verbal communication skills.
Essential Work Experience:
- 1+ years working in a chemical environment.
- Experience with polymers/silicone chemistry is a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Please apply at HR@Siltech.com with the job title as subject reference.
Please refer to Siltech Careers page for more opportunities