Job Posting: Welder-Fitter
Siltech Corporation, a Canadian owned Chemical company, is looking to hire immediately a full time, permanent Fitter-Welder for our Toronto facility.
This opportunity offers a full Benefits and Pension package.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this individual will work on chemical and utility piping projects and minor work on rigging, mechanical, and structural.
- Complete piping and equipment installations
- Welding and pipe fitting skills at a high level
- Test and perform quality control on pipe systems
- Maintaining equipment so it is available for production when required.
- Working with contractors on required project activities.
- Builds and installs required upgrades as defined by engineering.
- Recommends changes/upgrades to management for implementation.
- An integral part of annual maintenance shutdown activities.
- Experience with process and utility piping installations
- TIG, MIG, and Stick Welding Abilities for Stainless steel and Carbon Steel Systems
- Field Welding and installation focus
- Experience with TSSA piping systems. ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3 Piping Codes
- Layout Experience for pipe routing from P&ID
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Essential Work Experience (Number of years in related work experience):
5-10 years experience working in a plant team-based environment